As anyone who's been reading this blog (I thank all 4 of you from the bottom of my heart) can attest, I really just never know what to write. In real life, I'm not all that talkative--except when I'm making raunchy, off-color statements.
If my 4 faithful readers have been following US current affairs, I'm sure you've seen all the fall-out from the various Cop-on-Black killings. Several times, I wanted to talk about these killings and the resultant protests, but just thinking about them got me so emotionally charged that I couldn't focus my thoughts.
To summarize my thoughts/feelings on the topic, I'll simply say that:
1) I am sick and tired of people justifying the action of the police officers responsible for the deaths of Black men, women, and children who DID NOT deserve death.
- If a police officer cannot handle the stress of his/her job without shooting innocent people, then s/he needs to make a career change.
- If I shot an animal for snapping at me, I wouldn't be a veterinarian for very long, would I?
- If criminals were swayed by peaceful protests, there would be a lot less crime, wouldn't there?
- Criminals behaving like criminals, while only to be expected, is a problem. But police officers behaving like criminals is another thing entirely.
- People are protesting the violence exhibited by those who are supposed to 'protect and serve'. Protect and fucking serve. Not 'harass, ticket, arrest, and/or kill'. Just sayin'.
- How about, "If you want to be a police officer, make sure you aren't so afraid of Black people that you shoot the first one who moves."
Why is it okay for this to happen? Or this? Or this? Or this?
And how, in the name of all things just, do they get away with it? Again. And again? And again?
Every family who has been devastated by the brash actions of a police officer who, apparently, is unable to stay level-headed in a high-stress situation should file a wrongful death lawsuit.
There. I've said it. And now, I'm done.
P.S. Thanks a lot 'Zimmerman Jury' for letting this fucktard walk free.